Marko Dimitrijevic Philanthropic Giving
What Marko Believes:
Marko Dimitrijevic believes that investing in and promoting education, health, and the environment can lead to a brighter, more stable future. Marko supports and empowers communities by transforming outdated and abandoned properties into vibrant, useful spaces that offer public services and contribute to local neighborhoods. His giving reflects his wide array of passions.
Areas of Giving: Marko Dimitrijevic and Volta Global employees support organizations that are committed to a wide variety of causes including:
• 4 Kids – a leading foster care agency promoting hope and healing in children.
• Ashville Museum of Science – Western North Carolina’s home for experiential science learning
• Beneath the Waves –promoting ocean health and protecting endangered species
• The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis – raising funds and awareness to help fund a cure for paralysis.
• Code/Art – encouraging young girls to learn coding and computer science
• Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden – focusing on conserving tropical plants
• Frost Museum of Science –inspiring and connecting people to enjoy science and technology.
• The Greater Miami Symphonic Band – allowing people to connect to a wide variety of music
• Hands On! Children’s Museum – motivates learning and imagination with experiential exhibits
• Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida – fulfilling the wishes of children experiencing illness
• Miami Learning Experience School – a nonprofit school for people with intellectual disabilities
• Music Mentor Network – allowing student musicians to reach their highest potential
• Oasis TLC – promoting inclusion and acceptance of adults with autism by providing meaningful work, healthy residences, and community interaction
• She Recovers – serving women with mental health challenges
• Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office – representing Florida’s children
Marko Dimitrijevic has served on the Stanford Business School Advisory Board, the Stanford Business School Trust, the Executive Committee of the Frost Science Museum, the Pasteur Foundation, and the Investment Committee of the Adrian Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
Marko currently serves as a member of the Board of Director for Beneath the Waves, which is dedicated to promoting ocean health and using science to catalyze ocean policy. Their ocean initiatives include marine protected areas, blue carbon, threatened species and deep-sea conservation and they work with governments, the private sector, and the general public to create tangible conservation outcomes.
Marko also is a member of the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis Board of Directors. The Buoniconti Fund’s Board has a mandate to raise significant funds and awareness for The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, a Center of Excellence at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. They are additionally charged with guiding and supporting The Miami Project’s scientific mission by providing its world-class scientists and clinicians with the financial support necessary to challenge the present frontiers of medicine, especially those relating to the most complex neuroscientific arena. Having experienced a spinal cord injury firsthand, Marko felt a deep sense of enthusiasm and privilege upon joining The Buoniconti Fund’s board. His eagerness to contribute stems from his personal connection to the cause and his recognition of the remarkable nature of this initiative.
Jamie Fitzgerald from Beneath the Waves interviews Marko Dimitrijevic: